ARCUS 3 — Walkthrough
This is a step-by-step list on where to go and what to do in the RPG Arcus III for the Mega CD. For instructions on navigating menus, be sure to check out the Arcus 1-2-3 Quickstart Guide. The picture to the right represents “Arcus 3″; click on it from any page to return to this walkthrough.
In Arcus III, you again control Pikt Aneksios Piyont as he travels the lands of Arcus with his mate, the elven archeress Su Ni. In Arcus II, Pikt both avenged his father and resolved his legacy. Two years have passed, and Pikt was content . . . but then the wizard Vied, a man thought to be his friend, went on a murderous rampage. As revealed in the opening cinematic, the fiend who tainted Vied’s mind was none other than Luan Khan, the sinister man briefly seen in the prior two episodes (who also happens to be the main villain in Mid-Garts).
The Water of Life
10. Head south to Miris Forest.
11. Walk over to the east end of the forest and meet the fairy Ruushan.
12. Go east a bit further and defeat the Minos Lord.
13. Head underground (cue song from Robotech: The Movie). Get the “Azame no Mizu”.
14. Return to where you met Ruushan. You’ll get the fairy pendant, and Ruushan will join the party.
15. Return to Prudencia and save again.
Egg of the World
16. Head to the northwestern forest.
17. Enter Bafai, Rig Veda’s lair. Kill the ash dragon.
18. Track down Rig Veda. Obtain the “Hikari no Udewa” and “Hakai no Maseki”.
19. A big event happens. Afterwards, since you’re back in Prudencia, you may as well save.
The Shattered Mirror
20. Go to Direkh (the port town).
21. Head to Ousunorin, the capitol of Du Crosse. Visit your old friend Shimsadh in the bar.
22. Journey east to Tristam Mountain.
23. Head south, then to the southwest corner, then work your way northeast and then west into V6.
24. Head west, then south to V5.
25. Head west and fight the Guardian at (3,19). Win and you’ll receive “Miranofu no Kakera” (shattered mirror). You’ll also get “Muuku no Tegami”.
26. Leave the mountain through the southern exit.
27. Go to Guujemin Village. Visit Bujen’s house and get “Ao no Tama”.
28. Talk to the girl. Pay 500 gold to buy “Chiryoubako”.
29. Now go to Nafareaado Village. You’ll have to go through a forest to get there.
30. Enter Sveldt Cavern.
31. Stop by (26,7) and select option 2 to remove the spike.
32. Kill the Befuudosu and get Paleface.
33. Return to Nafareaado Village.
34. Continue on to Guujemin Village and save your game.
35. Head southeast to Sandy Hill.
36. Kill the sand dragon at (22,14).
37. Enter Xenon Cavern.
38. Fight Ryugain Gaires (the red dragon) at (17,15). Afterwards, obtain “Aka no Ishi” (red stone).
39. Head down into the fiery pit. Go to (17,6) and restore the shattered mirror.
40. Return all the way back to Guujemin Village and save your game.
41. Make your way back to Prudencia and save Arisa’s life.
42. Talk to Jedah Chaff. He’ll give you his legendary Tiamat sword.
43. Talk to Diana and say “yes” to get her Jiru Mark Bow.
44. Go back to Elmizard Shrine. And don’t forget to equip those two weapons you just got!
45. Head underground.
46. Defeat the stone soldier at (35,17) to get “Midori no Tama”.
47. Shatter the stone valkyrie at (27,17) to get “Aka no Tama”.
48. With both stones in hand, visit Leaty at (15,32). Yes, this is the goddess from Arcus Odyssey.
49. Go through the southern path and meet the number two villain, the spiky-haired guy who turned Arisa to stone, at (10,20). Pay attention to his name — past events were not quite as they seemed. After beating him, the barriers will be broken.
50. Go through the door at (17,28).
51. T2 – defeat Dark Gnome at (32,24).
52. Take the Earth Egg.
53. Defeat Dark Silpheid at (26,24).
54. Take the Wind Egg.
55. Put the wind egg in the Silpheid statue at (23,17).
56. Fight Dark Undine at (20,24).
57. Take the Water Egg.
58. Put the water egg in the Undine statue at (19,21).
59. Put the earth egg in the Gnome statue at (19,13).
60. Defeat Evil Elemental at (8,20) and nab “Sougyoku”.
61. Get the “Majin no Kataude”, south of where the Evil Elemental was.
62. Defeat Dark Salamander at (14,24).
63. Get the Fire Egg.
64. Put the fire egg in the Salamander statue at (15,17). This will break the central barrier.
65. Go to (19,17) and finish off the spiky-haired villain once and for all.
66. With that guy out of the way, you can destroy the two statues in Miryuu T1. Do so, and get your rewards.
67. Exit Elmizard Shrine and visit the Tree of Life.
68. Return to Prudencia and save your game. Things are about to get tough.
Castle of Evil
69. Everyone in town has vanished, except for Toron the thief.
70. Head over to Prudencia Castle. Jedah Chaff joins the party.
71. Make your way to the castle’s third floor. Trudge up to the fourth floor. BE SURE TO HEAD ALONG THE RIGHT (EAST) PATH. If you go on the left (west) side, you will encounter monsters with every step you take.
72. Go through teleporters 1, 7, and G.
73. Go to “Gate to the Next World”.
Gate to the Next World
74. Head through teleporters 1, A, E, and U.
75. Fight Rig Veda’s spirit. There’s an awesome bow in a chest behind him.
76. Go through teleporters W and Q.
77. Fight a fallen friend’s spirit.
78. Head through teleporters S, M, and “tomete”.
79. Defeat another fallen friend’s spirit.
80. Go through teleporters “no” and “ta”.
81. The spiky-haired villain returns, in spirit! Trounce him for a touching revelation. Be sure to grab the item behind him.
82. Head through teleporters “tsu” and K.
83. With all four spirits defeated, the square at (20,21) will teleport you on over to (20,8).
84. Open the door to the north to be surprised. Yes, it’s Luan Khan — and your final battle — but you’ll discover that he used you all along, and you never saw through his schemes . . . even though I’ve already warned you about him here!
85. Put an end to that soul-stealing scum and enjoy the ending. You’ve earned it.
And that concludes my walkthrough for Arcus 1-2-3.