ARCUS 1 — Walkthrough
This is a step-by-step list on where to go and what to do in the RPG Arcus for the Mega CD. For instructions on navigating menus, be sure to check out the Arcus 1-2-3 Quickstart Guide. The picture to the right represents “Arcus 1″; click on it from any page to return to this walkthrough.
Gathering of Heroes
5. Head to the Ardor Forest.
6. Find the Elf Village and recruit Diana, the elven archeress.
7. Enter the second half of Ardor Forest.
8. Visit Iris the Summoner’s house. No one is home.
9. On your way out, you will discover that no one is home because Iris is dead. Her ghost asks you to watch over her son, Pikt Aneksios Piyont. Six-year-old Pikt joins the party; he will be your summoner. His hair is green, like Rydia.
10. Return to Elf Village and speak to the chief. If you haven’t saved lately, this is a good time.
11. Head over to the Tree of Life for an important conversation.
The Power to Save the World
12. Return to Prudencia and rest up.
13. Head on over to Miryuu Tower.
14. Walk up the spiral steps, fighting eagles along the way.
15. Meet Solmishia on level B1F of Miryuu Tower.
16. Get the crystal.
17. Go through the door and meet up with Miryuu herself. A touching cinematic sequence will follow, which culminates in your first introduction to Wolf Team’s greatest villain, Luan Khan.
Awakening Pikt’s Power
18. Head back to Elmizard Shrine (the very first dungeon you visited). This time, you can go through the previously locked door.
19. The new floor you hit is B3F, and you’ll find four statues. Salamander in the northwest, Sylpheid in the northeast, Undine in the southwest, and Gnome in the southeast. Rotate them as follows:
Salamander: facing Undine
Sylpheid: facing Gnome
Undine: facing Salamander
Gnome: facing Sylpheid
20. You can now go down to floor B4F and loot all four silver artifacts from Elmizard.
21. Go east from Prudencia to Zeld desert. Be sure to save before heading over there.
22. Inside the dungeon, you will meet Geos. He wants you to kill the insect that has infested the dungeon.
23. While inside Zeld’s dungeon, head south to find the explosive herb.
24. Locate the cracked wall and use the explosive herb to open a new path in the dungeon.
25. Find and defeat the Sand Worm to obtain the magical Earth Cane. This allows Pikt to summon GNOME.
The Four Elemental Knights
26. Go back to Prudencia. Rest up and save.
27. Head through Ardor Forest to the formerly-closed gate. At the gate, pick the bottom choice to head to the Choleander Ice Field.
28. Travel across the ice field, locate the Ice Cavern, and explore until you find the Freeze Wolf. Defeat this creature to obtain the Dragon Shield as well as Pikt’s second summon, UNDINE.
29. From Prudencia, head to the Valley of Wind (mountains to the southwest).
30. Find SILPHEID. Pikt gains his third summon, and Silver Armor becomes Wind Armor.
31. Head to the northwest forest — different from Ardor Forest. You can get there by following a path from Prudencia, to the Tree of Life, to the forest.
32. The entrance to Bafai, land of lava, is in this forest. Enter Bafai and locate SALAMANDER on B2F. You won’t be able to beat him yet, but this triggers another cinema scene.
33. At this point, you are only controlling Jedah and Erin. Leave Bafai and regroup with the rest of your team on the outside.
34. Return to Bafai, and locate SALAMANDER again. This time, you can defeat him. As a reward, you will learn the truth about Rig Veda. The Tiamat sword will be powered up even further. The silver ring becomes the explosive ring. And Pikt gains his fourth summon ability.
35. Head into the dragon’s lair. Once you come to a huge open area, you’re almost at the final battle.
36. Defeat Rig Veda and enjoy the ending!
The disc will automatically load Arcus II: Silent Symphony.